Serve In Our Church
New Life Family Volunteer/Serve Opportunities
Please see below a variety of serve opportunities that you may be interested in. The Categories are as follows: Miscellaneous, Food Pantry, Prayer, Discipleship, Worship Arts, Youth, and Children's Ministry.
- Special even coordinator
- Set-up - tear-down for special events
- Baptism assistant
- Sanctuary care
- Facility care
- Newcomers host
- Pastor's dessert host
- Sunday Morning Sanctuary set-up
- Lawn care volunteer
- Landscape care
- Special event parking attendant
- Creative team member
- Message research team
- Welcome center volunteer
- Outreach/missions/serve event coordinator
- Outreach/missions/serve event volunteer
- Coffee Café volunteer
Email Ralph Eaton @ email@example.com if you are interested in hearing more about the Miscellaneous Volunteer/Serve Opportunities.
- Administrative Office help
- Light Housekeeping
- Back Snack Driver for Thursday Mornings
- Food Pantry Workers
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in hearing more about the Food Pantry Volunteer/Serve Opportunities
- Prayer Team Partners that pray for Sunday requests all week long.
- Prayer Partners -Pray Intercessory Prayer prior to service on Sunday and after the service as well.
- Visitation -Visit /pray with shut ins, people in need of companionship, and healing to include emotional, spiritual, and physical healing.
Email email@example.com if you are interested in hearing more about the Prayer Volunteer/Serve Opportunities.
- Women's life group facilitator
- Men's life group facilitator
- Community service project leader
- Hospitality leader (willing to host special events around NLF)
- Leaders, facilitators, and hosts for different types of Life Groups.
Email Ralph Eaton at Ralpheaton@newlifefamilykc.org if you are interested in helping out when any discipleship ministries.
- Vocalist or Band member … this requires audition with Worship Pastor
- Slide/Computer Tech (create and/or run slides for services)
- Sound Tech (run soundboard for services)
- Copy sermons to CD … this can be done in Linda's office on Thursdays or Fridays (download saved sermon onto computer, edit, save and make CD's and CD labels as requested)
- Stage Setup – this would require coming by 8:00 am on Sundays / 1-1/2 hrs before other services: (setup microphones, mic stands, music stands, keyboard, amps … hookup – create hookup chart for instruments & vocals … actual hookup of cables onstage and in snake … sound check to make sure everything is in right place and working before service)
- Stage design (to come up with creative ways to add visuals to the stage for different sermon series and/or holidays, etc)
- Video – be able to create videos, add them to desktop in format that will work with our presentation
- Prepare communion – purchase (church pays for the elements) and prepare communion elements (juice trays, juice cups, juice filler, baskets, juice, bread) and have them ready for services, when needed … also clean up after services.
Email Kirsten Johnson at Kristenjohnson@newlifefamilykc.org if you are interested in helping out in any of the areas of Worship Arts.
- Worship vocalist and band members
- General volunteer – set up / break down & lead games
- Intercessory prayer member- someone to pray with the kids
- Leader for small group bible studies
Email Audrey Baughman at Audreylenakeys@gmail.com if you are interested in helping out in any of the areas of Youth Ministry.
- Be a teacher or helper in children's classes
- Resource helper: make sure we have resources needed on-hand (keeping supplies in resource room for teachers, etc)
- Craft help: find or create crafts for various lessons … help prepare crafts for lessons (usually involves cutting our various shapes for craft, making 1-2 samples for kids to look at) – this could be a take- home project and brought back before classes on Sunday morning
- Video resources: locate and purchase/download/save video clips or short movies that will go along with lessons … bring them on Sundays for kids to watch
- Decorations: decorate kids rooms, hallway for various seasons, special events, holidays, etc
- Games: come up with age-appropriate games for 5th Sundays (Funday-Sunday) and/or for kids to play occasionally on Sundays (to support the lesson or thought for that day)
- Puppet Team: find puppet shows that will go along with a topic or story that the kids are learning … make sure puppets are ready for Sunday … be part of the puppet skit (working a puppet or human character) … create your own puppet skits … design and make a puppet stage (portable) for skits
- Music: come up with songs for kids to learn … work with the kids to help them learn songs/actions … help with kids performances (or help someone else who is doing music)
- Snacks: provide snacks for kids classes and/or special events, holidays, etc
- Setup: come early on Sunday mornings to get supplies to each class … lanyards, sign-up sheets, bio sheets, craft supplies, story, misc supplies, snacks, etc (everything is provided and just needs to be taken to classes & checked to make sure everything is there)
Email Ralph Testerman at Ralph_Testerman@yahoo.com if you are interested in helping out in an of the areas of Children's Ministry.